Friday 18 December 2009

Contribution from HRG supporter:

The person who posted this diatribe is totally out of touch with what is actually happening with the delivery of the Home information Packs and Energy performance certificates.

When I arrive at the homes of my clients, most do not have a clue as to what the EPC or the Hip’s are about, only that they are required by law. Quite a few begin by being hostile towards the Hip’s. I take the time to explain the system and it’s benefits, afterwards many agree that the Hip’s is a far better system. Many have told me that that under the old system they had been out of pocket, still having to pay for surveyors and solicitors fees when transactions failed, and that they wished that HIP’s had been in place when they were buying their homes. When I deliver the Energy Performance Certificates, I explain the recommendations to my clients, and have helped many of them to gain free cavity wall and loft insulation through the local authority schemes.

I can honestly say that it gives me a great deal of satisfaction to be able to help so many people make their homes more energy efficient and save money. So to say that people are not interested in the EPC is nonsense, they just don’t know the truth as so much anti Hip’s proper gander has been put out. Rather than scrap the Hip’s the government should have a national campaign to explain the reasons and benefits of the Hip’s and Energy Certificates before its too late. It’s high time that they did something to help the industry that they instigated and give assistance to all of us who have invested so much time effort and money in making the system work.

Kenneth Goult

No comments:

Post a Comment